Showing posts with label wan azizah. Show all posts
Showing posts with label wan azizah. Show all posts

Saturday, September 06, 2014

WAN AZIZAH NOT FIT TO BE MB - HADI





KUALA TERENGGANU: Pas has objected to the nomination of PKR president Datuk Seri Dr Wan Azizah Wan Ismail for the Selangor menteri besar post, citing her questionable leadership qualities.
In an apparent move likely to further drive a wedge between the Islamic party and its opposition partners, Pas president Datuk Seri Abdul Hadi Awang yesterday said as the richest state in the country, Selangor needed a strong and capable administrator to run a tight ship.
Hadi denied that the party’s stand was gender- biased.
Nevertheless, he did not spell out the qualities required for one to hold the top executive’s office in Selangor.
“There is a series of criteria needed for one to be eligible as a leader.
“For example, among the skills (Dr Wan Azizah) must possess is the ability to face (detractors) and answer hard questions in Parliament and the state assembly.
“If you can’t hold your own in a debate with opposition members in the (Selangor) state assembly, how can you lead (in a vastly larger role)?” Hadi said in Marang here, when asked by a Pas member during a dialogue as to why the party would not accept Dr Wan Azizah as the menteri besar.
The dialogue was held for party members to seek clarification on current political issues prior to Pas’ muktamar next week.
On Wednesday, Hadi created a furore after his office sent a new list of three potential office-bearers to replace Tan Sri Abdul Khalid Ibrahim as Selangor menteri besar. Hadi had declined to reveal the names.
The names were not revealed, but it was confirmed by party secretary-general Datuk Mustafa Ali that the names of two PKR and one Pas assemblymen have been submitted as candidates.
Previously, on Aug 17, Pas had named Dr Wan Azizah and her deputy, Azmin Ali, as the party’s preferred candidates, after Khalid was sacked from PKR last month. Pas also had pledged that it would not put forth one of its own for the post.
The sultan of Selangor had decreed that each of the opposition coalition parties should at least provide three names for the post. PKR and DAP, however, remained adamant to only fielding Dr Wan Azizah.
To a question by another member on the party’s decision to submit three names to the Selangor palace instead of one, Hadi said the party was merely adhering to the sultan’s decree.
“If we push on to submit just one (name) to the palace, then people will label us as tak reti bahasa (unable to understand simple instructions).
“At the same time, how will the sultan be able to deliberate (his choice) if there is only one name?
“It is up to the others (DAP and PKR) to determine the contents of their (respective) list, but I am certain that Pas members will prefer to have leaders who understand the request made by the sultan,” said Hadi.


Monday, March 31, 2014

Bukan Kelakar: Anwar cabar Wan Azizah jawatan Presiden PKR

KUALA LUMPUR 29 Mac - Pemilihan Parti Keadilan Rakyat (PKR) yang akan diadakan Mei ini bakal menyaksikan pertarungan menarik bagi kerusi Presiden, apabila penyandangnya, Datin Seri Dr. Wan Azizah Wan Ismail akan dicabar oleh suaminya sendiri, Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim.

Sehingga tempoh pencalonan ditutup pada pukul 5 petang di ibu pejabat PKR, Petaling Jaya, hanya Dr. Wan Azizah dan Anwar menyerahkan borang bagi merebut jawatan tersebut.
Keadaan itu menimbulkan persoalan, apakah pertembungan itu benar-benar akan berlaku atau ia sekadar satu lagi sandiwara politik oleh PKR dalam usaha memastikan jawatan presiden tidak dikuasai oleh individu lain.

Pemerhati politik melihat, langkah Dr. Wan Azizah untuk mempertahankan jawatan itu dengan dicabar oleh Anwar sebagai 'insurans' memandangkan Anwar masih dalam peringkat rayuan terhadap hukuman penjara lima tahun kerana meliwat pembantu peribadi, Saiful Bukhari Azlan.

Pada 2007, Dr. Wan Azizah turut bertanding bersama Anwar bagi jawatan yang sama dan Ahli Dewan Undangan Negeri (ADUN) Kajang itu bertindak sebagai 'insurans' kerana Anwar yang baru sahaja dibebaskan dari penjara mempunyai larangan lima tahun daripada aktif berpolitik.

Bagi jawatan Timbalan Presiden pula, penyandangnya, Azmin Ali yang dianggap tidak sehaluan dengan Dr. Wan Azizah bukan sahaja akan berhadapan dengan 'musuh ketat politiknya' iaitu Menteri Besar Selangor, Tan Sri Abdul Khalid Ibrahim tetapi juga empat calon lain.

Mereka ialah Ahli Parlimen Batu Tian Chua, Setiausaha Agung PKR Saifudin Nasution, K.Ramachandran dan S.Murali.

Kerusi Naib Presiden pula menyaksikan perebutan oleh 15 calon termasuk penyandangnya iaitu Ahli Parlimen Lembah Pantai Nurul Izzah Anwar, Ahli Parlimen Padang Serai N.Surendran, bekas Timbalan Ketua Menteri 1 Pulau Pinang, Datuk Dr. Mansor Othman dan Ahli Parlimen Kuantan Fuziah Salleh.
Antara mereka yang mencuba nasib bagi merebut jawatan itu ialah bekas Ketua Angkatan Muda Keadilan (AMK) yang juga Ahli Parlimen Bukit Katil, Shamsul Iskandar Mat Akin dan Ahli Parlimen Pandan, Rafizi Ramli.

Untuk jawatan Ketua Wanita PKR pula, penyandangnya, Zuraida Kamarudin akan berdepan satu lawan satu dengan Exco Kerajaan Negeri Selangor, Roziah Ismail.

Jawatan Ketua Pemuda yang dikosongkan oleh Shamsul Iskandar akan direbut oleh tiga calon iaitu ADUN Seri Setia yang juga Timbalan Speaker DUN Selangor, Nik Nazmi Nik Ahmad, ADUN Batu Caves, Amirudin Shaari dan Nazri Yunus.


Artikel Penuh: http://www.utusan.com.my/utusan/Politik/20140330/po_02/Anwar-cabar-Wan-Azizah-jawatan-Presiden-PKR#ixzz2xT2IHfd6
© Utusan Melayu (M) Bhd 

Monday, April 11, 2011

Eh, Anwar bukan main marah!

Aku duduk atas sofa menyandar tenguk berita jam 8 semalam. Lama depa tunjuk Anwar menepis soalan tentang Omega. Dia marah-marah. Dia asyik kata "what's that got to do with this"... sekali terkeluar ayat "ni, kerja UMNO". Sekali pulak dia nak terjah dengan peluru Altantuya.

Kemudian Chandra Muzafar diminta ulas tentang jam Omega. Nah, dia siap banding dengan Clinton dan Chua. Depa tu mengaku katanya. Chua berhenti dan masuk balik bila terlantik. Cuma dia tak kata terang-terang "kalau hang buat hang mengaku saja la"

Kemudian dia ulas pula apa sebenarnya jam Omega. Hanya sebuah jam berharga pemberian dari orang tertentu katanya. Tapi jam itu sangat istimewa, tak boleh jumpa di kedai untuk ganti. One and only.....

Bila Anwar marah macam tu, dia dah hilang seni politik. Dia terlalu defensive hingga rasa terpanggil untuk meninggi suara dengan wartawan perempuan. Orang hebat tak buat macam tu.

Bukankah Anwar dulu pernah jadi orang hebat, waktu perbodoh orang, kata orang Baling mati kebulur, waktu angkat tinggi-tinggi buku "kebangkitan Asia" konon adalah karyanya, waktu mengayat Tun Mahathir dalam perhimpunan agong Umno dengan seloka " saya perpaut di dahan tuan", waktu menyuruh Zahid balik Malaysia untuk belasah Rahim, waktu menjaja sepanjang jalan, negara ini negara celaka dengan nepotisma dan kronisma, waktu menyepak Tun Ghafar keluar dari pejabatnya, waktu mengapak satu demi satu tiang kecil yang menyokong kepimpinan Tun Mahathir.

Tidak ada apa celanya kalau Anwar berhenti, letak titik nokhtah kepada politik. Mengheret Azizah serta anak-anak kekancah ini, waktu ini ketika ini, bukan gentleman namanya. Itu abuse namanya. Eskay dan Rahim minta Anwar berhenti. Chandra Muzafar pun cakap lebih kurang macam tu jugak semalam.

Tak ada siapa peringat Anwar ka, bahawa video boleh tunjuk macam-macam. Orang nak buat peta boleh pakai gambar yang diambil dari udara. Bukan peta lekeh-lekeh, peta yang tepat. Dari video yang jadi isu ni, memang boleh sukat jarak antara dua puting tetek Anwar, boleh tepat sampai ke milimeter. Boleh sukat semua anggota fizikal Anwar. Kalau semuanya tepat nanti boleh ke Anwar menjerit " Celaka UMNO, itu bukan saya la!!"

Tapi silap Azizah kata Omega ada dalam simpanan. Kalau tidak Anwar boleh kata Eskay curi!!!

Buat apa marah-marah, Anwar.......

Monday, October 18, 2010

Anwar puts his foot down

ANALYSIS By JOCELINE TAN


The de facto PKR leader’s hand in the party polls has been evident in the last few days as he turned on his charm as well as used a heavy fist to fine-tune the list of candidates.

PKR politician Datuk Zaid Ibrahim has always had this polished and casual chic kind of look. But the past few days have found him looking harassed and rather out of sorts, as though the world is slowly crumbling around his ears.

He cannot be blamed because he was almost “played out” by three ladies in a private home in Taman Tun Dr Ismail on Thursday.

During the meeting, the three ladies managed to elicit three promises from him: one, he would not contest the PKR No. 1 post; two, he would pull out from the No. 2 post; three, he would instead go for a vice-president post.

The three ladies were none other than PKR president Datuk Seri Dr Wan Azizah Wan Ismail, her daughter Nurul Izzah Anwar and political secretary to the Selangor Mentri Besar, Faekah Husin, whose petite frame belies her political cables in the party.

Zaid agreed to the proposals because he was told that Tan Sri Khalid Ibrahim would also quit the race and that Wan Azizah would persuade the other candidate Mustaffa Kamil Ayob to withdraw.

The idea was to pave the way for a face-off between Nurul Izzah and Azmin Ali. Both mother and daughter have very personal feelings about Azmin and they evidently felt that this would be the moment to take him on.

On Friday, Zaid and Nurul Izzah met again to discuss a joint press conference on Saturday where he would withdraw and she would confirm her candidacy. His only condition was that she should not quit midway.

But the press conference never took place, the three women went incommunicado, calls were not returned and SMSes went unanswered.

Zaid must have felt as if he was in one of those weird twilight zone movies – did the meeting actually take place or had he imagined all of it?

Well, it was definitely for real and when things went all silent on the other side, he dashed off e-mails to all those who had attended, confirming the discussion. Only Nurul Izzah acknowledged the e-mail.

Zaid was totally cheesed off and has since confirmed he is in the race against Azmin and Mustaffa. Khalid is staying out whereas Nurul is going for the vice-president post.

Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim apparently blew his top and put his foot down on the deal, despite the fact that his wife is his party president and his daughter is an MP in her own right.

Anwar, weighed down as he is by the sodomy trial, has been working behind the scenes to prevent the party elections from getting out of hand.

He is convinced an early general election is in store after Friday’s Budget and he cannot afford any big splits. The party adviser turned on his legendary charm for some, and used a heavy fist on others to avert all-out fights.

Khalid evidently bowed to Anwar’s determination that Azmin should be the next deputy president.

At a private meeting last week, Anwar asked Khalid to concentrate on his duties as Selangor Mentri Besar.

He told Khalid that going for No. 2 did not make sense given that he has to focus on defending Selangor in the next election. He reminded Khalid that it was why he was replaced by Azmin as Selangor PKR chief a few months ago.

The contest for the PKR No. 2 post has had more twists and turns than the East-West Highway. There has also been collateral damage and a PKR-aligned news portal had to publish a long editorial insisting that, “We are nobody’s poodle,” following accusations that its coverage of the PKR polls was one-sided.

The real power lies with Anwar. He let things take its course earlier on but began pressing the control buttons in the days leading to the confirmation of candidates.

He would probably step up his role again when the divisions convene to vote for the supreme council between Oct 29 and Nov 21.

Those who had pressured him to go for No. 1 must be slapping themselves. Why should he, when he has such unlimited and undefined power as the de facto leader?

At the same time, his word is not what it used to be with the new one-man-one-vote system of election.

For instance, Zaid, who defied Anwar so openly, still managed to secure some 40 nominations for the No. 2 post and more than qualified for the No. 1 post.

Rafizi Ramli, Anwar’s calon wahyu for the leadership of Angkatan Muda Keadilan or AMK, did poorly in the nominations race and has pulled out, reportedly on Anwar’s advice.

The AMK fight is now between two street-fighter style politicians – Badrul Hisham Shaharin and incumbent Shamsul Iskander Akin. Although Shamsul has been unremarkable as AMK chief, Anwar is said to prefer him over Badrul who has an independent spirit.

Anwar’s alignment to personalities in the party seems to suggest that this election has more to do with his sodomy trial than the future of the party.

His all-time favourite Azmin is primed to look after Anwar’s personal interest as keenly as he does that of the party. Even Anwar’s approval of Shamsul and Tian Chua is related to their ability to whip up demonstrations which will be useful in his trial.

As for Wan Azizah, who was returned unopposed as president, her loyalty to the party is second only to her loyalty to her husband.

Those contesting the party polls have to realise that they are there not only to take on the Barisan Nasional but also to rise to Anwar’s defence in the sodomy trial.

Sunday, June 29, 2008

ANWAR IBRAHIM: took refuge at the Turkish Embassy on Sunday.

Malaysia's Anwar seeks refuge after sodomy claim
By Jalil Hamid
KUALA LUMPUR (Reuters) - Malaysia's de facto opposition leader Anwar Ibrahim took refuge at the Turkish embassy on Sunday due to fears he could be assassinated after fresh accusations of sodomy.

The developments come at a time of heightened political tension in Malaysia after the government's worst ever election result earlier this year put pressure on Prime Minister Abdullah Ahmad Badawi to quit.

Anwar, who was sacked as deputy prime minister in 1998 and later jailed for sodomy and corruption, has seen a revival of his fortunes since the opposition alliance's strong showing in the March election. Anwar has said the old charges were trumped up, and said the new accusations were politically motivated.
"I was transported to the embassy earlier this morning fearing that my personal safety was in danger," Anwar said in a statement.


"I have been told that my assassination has not been ruled out as a means to subvert the people's will and bring an end to the transformational changes taking place in Malaysia," he said.

Anwar says he has won enough support from ruling coalition lawmakers to form a new government by September, which has sparked fears of policy shifts and unsettled investors.

Anwar has said he would alter oil-production sharing contracts, cut fuel prices, introduce minimum wages and redistribute oil wealth to the poor.

"With grumblings within the ruling coalition, most probably Abdullah's days are numbered," said political analyst Yahya Ismail. "So the government must find ways to cripple the opposition."

FRESH ALLEGATIONS

The new sodomy allegations arose on Sunday when Anwar's private assistant, identified by Anwar's party as 23-year-old Saiful Bukhari Azlan, lodged a police complaint.

Federal criminal investigation chief Bakri Zinin said the man who lodged the charges had been taken to hospital, but declined to give his name.

A statement from Anwar dismissed the charge as "complete fabrication".
About 100 of his supporters gathered outside the Turkish embassy, watched by a handful of riot police. They chanted "Reformasi", the movement's battle cry, and "down with the oppressive government".


Police have warned Anwar's supporters against holding any public protests. His sacking in 1998 brought tens of thousands onto the streets.

"If you create havoc, we will deal with you," Bakri said.
Anwar accused the ruling Barisan Nasional coalition of trying to ruin him, and his wife said she had photographic evidence showing the complainant was linked to an aide of Deputy Prime Minister Najib Razak.


"This is the second political conspiracy," Wan Azizah Wan Ismail told reporters. "It's a political murder against my husband."

Abdullah dismissed Anwar's claims. "Barisan Nasional has no intention of wanting to make life difficult for him or to harass him," the prime minister told reporters in the administrative capital of Putrajaya after launching an environmental project. "There is no such intention."

A spokesman for Najib declined to comment because of the ongoing investigations.

Barisan suffered its worst electoral setback in 50 years in March when it lost its two-thirds parliamentary majority and ceded five states to the opposition.
Public anger against rising prices and the ruling coalition's dismal showing in the poll have fuelled calls for a change in leadership.


The opposition alliance needs just 30 more seats to win a simple majority and form a new government. It won a record 82 seats in the 222-seat lower house of parliament in March.

(Additional reporting by Niluksi Koswanage and Soo Ai Peng; Writing by Liau Y-Sing; Editing by Caroline Drees)