Sunday, July 27, 2008

Quotes by Anwar Ibrahim

In his statement early Sunday, Mr. Anwar said, "I believe we are witnessing a repeat of the methods used against me in 1998, when false allegations were made under duress."

Jun 30, 2008 Wall Street Journal (475 occurrences)
"I have been told that my assassination has not been ruled out as a means to subvert the people's will and bring an end to the transformational changes taking place in Malaysia," he added in the statement.

Jun 29, 2008 Reuters India (168 occurrences)
"The National Front is in turmoil, with enemies from within and attacks from outside," Anwar said.

Jul 2, 2008 The Associated Press (102 occurrences)
"I have been told that my assassination has not been ruled out as means ...... to bring an end to the transformation of Malaysia," he said.

Jun 29, 2008 Dispatch Online

"The nature of my unwarranted arrest, my overnight incarceration," Anwar said, "was an act of personal vengeance against me in retaliation to the report I launched against him."


"It's still early days ...... but Anwar may gain more out of this because of the credibility issues that the government needs to face," Ibrahim told The Associated Press.

Jul 2, 2008

Anwar said his interrogators were polite, but that they forced him to sleep "on a cold cement floor," which aggravated his back injury.

Jul 17, 2008 The Associated Press

"This is clearly a desperate attempt by the Barisan Nasional regime to arrest the movement of the Malaysian people towards freedom, democracy and justice," he said in a statement.

Jun 28, 2008 AFP

"I have been told that my assassination has not been ruled out as a means to subvert the people's will," AFP cited Anwar as saying in a statement late yesterday.

Jun 29, 2008 Bloomberg

"There is no basis for this whole fabrication and malicious attacks. It is just a repeat of the 1998 script. You can see the pattern," Anwar said in Putrajaya.

Jul 19, 2008 Prince George Citizen