Monday, October 20, 2008

Commenting Malaysiakini: Intrigue at UMNO to topple Abdullah

There it is at the end of the corridor: a glass door. And behind it are Richs and on one side of him his elder brother and on the other side his mother. Richs has his hand against the glass. He recognises me and waves. I wave back and approach the door.

.......commenting,
Intrigue at Umno to topple Abdullah

From Malaysiakini
Intrigue at Umno to topple Abdullah
Wong Choon Mei | Oct 19
Prime Minister Abdullah Ahmad Badawi, who is also outgoing president of Umno, should not read the latest calls to hasten party election by three months as a move to oust him from office earlier than his stated retirement deadline of March 2009.
How silent everything is. Like watching a motion picture when the sound has failed.

Richs looks up at his mother and smiles. She smiles down at him but I see she is covering her grief. She's very distressed about something but she doesn't want them to see.

And now I see what the glass door is. It is the door of a coffin - mine.

Not a coffin, a sarcophagus. I am in an enormous vault, dead, and they are paying their last respects.

It's kind of them to come and do this. They didn't have to do this. I feel grateful.

Now Richs motions for me to open the glass door of the vault. I see he wants to talk to me. He wants me to tell him, perhaps, what death is like. I feel a desire to do this, to tell him. It was so good of him to come and wave. I will tell him it's not so bad. It's just lonely.

I reach to push the door open but a dark figure in a shadow beside the door motions for me not to touch it. A single finger is raised to lips I cannot see. The dead arent permitted to speak.

But they want me to talk. I'm still needed! Doesn't he see this? There must be some kind of mistake. Doesn't he see that they need me? I plead with the figure that I have to speak to them. It's not finished yet. I have to tell them things. But the figure in the shadows makes no sign he has even heard.

"RICHS!" I shout through the door. "I"LL SEE YOU!!"

The dark figure moves towards me threateningly, but I hear Richs's voice, "Where?" faint and distant. He heard me! And the dark figure, enraged, draws a curtain over the door.

Not the mountain, I think. The mountain is gone. "AT THE BOTTOM OF THE OCEAN!!" I shout.

And now I am standing in the deserted ruins of a city all alone. The ruins are all around me endlessly in every direction and I must walk them alone.

Beritadarigunung:

Remembering Robert when he said this,
And what is good, Richter,
And what is not good -
Need we ask anyone to tell us these things?