Joke has its own level. Acceptable here and not acceptable elsewhere. Joke has its own health level too. Most jokes are jovial in nature, but at times very damaging. My objectivity on Anwar doesnt carry well with some others. We are meant to be different, different finger prints and different political inclinations.
2. To dissect Anwar's political manoeuvre objectively, one really has to look for proof, fingerprints and facts. Having done so, one should determine what is the political motive. I have to admit the difficulty in going through discussions with Anwar's inclined friends. They refuse my line of talk, the james bond 007 way, or the jeffri zain's way, or whatever way that put a little bit of black spots in his political water.
3. How Anwar switched to a different stand after a day of coalition's collapse. He said Pakatan Rakyat will not sue Sultan. Now, I wonder what Karpal was really saying in TV about taking the matter to court. I misunderstood him or he didnt mean what he said. Or someone else posed as Karpal; face, hair, teeth, everything and the wheelchair too. We may sound very racist if we relate another age old incident when a Kiai dealt with karpal in a man to man way. But thats how things go. A careless walk into the future.
4. Keen eyes will notice that allowances are made among PR components. PAS can go on with Hudud as long as PAS wants it. DAP will be allowed to hammer down any mention of Hudud. DAP has quite a free hand pushing issues on islamic matter. Now is the royal matter... PAS and PKR understandably will distance themselves. This game will be very damaging because while many will go on shouting, some will hide and keep booing. It is very complicated, when Pakatan Rakyat claims to cut the racial barrier, they are in fact well protected within the racial and religous boundaries.
5. So will Anwar still hinge his political ambition to be Prime Minister through defections? Will there still be grandstanding as Zaid was mentioning before? If Anwar intend to harp on Malay votes, clash with Sultan will not bring anything. Even Abdullah appreciated that when he tussled with Ahmad Said last year.
6. Karpal did say something to that effect on television the other day. That he will sue and take things to court. He didnt say "correct, correct, correct" of course, but I heard him clearly and correctly!
Will Not Sue Sultan - anwar
Pakatan Rakyat (PR) would not file a suit against the Sultan of Perak as purportedy claimed by DAP national chairman Karpal Singh, said PR leader Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim.
The Parti Keadilan Rakyat (PKR) advisor said the reported intention of suing the Sultan was merely based on media reports.
"The media were all saying that we would be filing a suit against the Perak Sultan. But our decision was to appeal to the Sultan to look again at the constitutional provisions," he told reporters, here, Friday.
It was reported today that former Perak Menteri Besar Datuk Seri Mohamad Nizar Jamaluddin would file a suit against the Sultan at the Ipoh High Court on Tuesday.
Anwar said to PR, Mohammad Nizar was legally still the Menteri Besar under the Perak State Constitution, and that Pangkor assemblyman Datuk Dr Zambry Abdul Kadir's appointment as MB was invalid as it contravened the constitution.
"Our stand is for the state assembly to be dissolved to enable the people to go to the polls again to choose a new state government," he said. [Pakatan Rakyat Will Not Sue Sultan - Anwar