2. I thought karpal's words that Perak's monarch is there simply due to the constitution , was a bit cheeky and of bad taste. Karpal's words do not fit in well with tatarakyat, civics, and rukun negara we learn in schools. By the way, India has lost her colourful monarchs not by the native hands but the British rather.
2. Now is different. While the issue is about Nizar and PR state government made defunct by the royal decree, Karpal intends to go head-on with the royal court, using his arena, the court to settle things. On the other hand, Anwar being a shrewd politician understands well about his political base. Some says his political base is the indian community, as Hindraf heroic champion. But Anwar is keen in letting the whole country know that he is still relevant as far as the malay votes is concerned. A clash with the monarch will put an end to his political pursuit. He cant cling on hindraf much longer for the natural evolution of Hindraf will be of Sinn Fein mould.
3. Karpal was sore because he was sidelined. The arrangements on the current standoff were made amongs other PR leaders; Anwar, Hadi and Lim. Karpal was excluded due to his different stand.
4. I assume that will be the last thread of Karpal in the loose coalition and even in DAP. Lim Guan Eng must be ready by now to take over chairmanship of DAP signalling the real political base of chinese inclined DAP. We are about to witness the handing over Singapore style as the old Lee path the way to the young Lee.
5. I think Anwar is too selective in picking a good horse to ride. He will keep picking and dumping. As he is riding forward cowboy styled [with the long heeee haaa], the future is bleak. Nizar may not sense danger lurking behind the limestone hills because he is a first timer.
Parti Keadilan Rakyat (PKR) Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim said DAP chairman Karpal Singh was only expressing his personal views in hitting out at him and that this would not jeopardise unity in the Pakatan Rakyat alliance of PKR-DAP-PAS.
The Permatang Pauh member of parliament said Karpal Singh's tirade against him today was because he (Anwar) did not agree with the decision by the DAP leader to take legal action against Sultan Azlan Shah of Perak for asking Datuk Seri Mohammad Nizar Jamaluddin to resign as Menteri Besar.
Anwar, who is also Pakatan Rakyat chief, also denied Karpal Singh's allegation that he was responsible for bringing "party hopping culture" into the opposition coalition.
Met by reporters at the Perak Menteri Besar's residence here Sunday night, Anwar also said that he would be meeting Karpal Singh to thrash out the issue.
He was responding to Karpal Singh's remarks at a press conference in Penang earlier that Anwar was not fit to lead the Pakatan Rakyat because of his propensity to seek defectors from the Barisan Nasional to shore up the Pakatan Rakyat and "creating trouble" in the opposition coalition.
Also present were PAS president Datuk Seri Abdul Hadi Awang and DAP deputy chairman, Tan Seng Giaw.
However, DAP advisor Lim Kit Siang and his son Lim Guan Eng, who is DAP secretary general and Chief Minister of Penang, did not turn up at the residence tonight to show support for the embattled menteri besar although it had been reported that they would come.
Nizar has defied the Sultan's order and made the residence his "seat of government".
other related stories
- Karpal Expressing His Personal Views, Says Anwar. Bernama, Malaysia
- Anwar claims Karpal's outburst a 'misunderstanding' :: Pakatan ...
New Straits Times Karpal asks Anwar to step down Malaysia Star Anwar should quit: Karpal Straits Times Up To Karpal Singh - Nizar Bernama Nizar not privy to Karpal's plans New Straits Times, Malaysia Karpal: Review membership in PR New Straits Times, Malaysia
Other related blogs
- Anwar’s Response to Karpal by dinobeano
- Karpal salahkan Anwarby airina
- Perak Turmoil Update 14 : Anwar Told to Quit, MSM Screaming Traitorby amethyst213
- The good, the bad and the uglyby KTemoc
- Kenyataan rasmi AIC berkaitan isu Karpal
- Anwar memang patut undur..by kulupSakah
- IMUNITI ANTARA RAJA vs KARPAL SINGHby WANANG SARI
KARPAL - ANWAR HARUS BERTAUBATby Aspirasi Bangsa